Nail Polish Colors: Top Colors And Selection Guide
Picking out the right nail polish colors may not always be an easy task. This is because of the wide range of nail polish colors available and the fact that not every nail color will look great on everyone. Mainly, you can categorize them as matte and glitter. Read on and learn about these two categories and a guide in choosing the best nail polish color.
Nail Polish Guide
The right nail polish colors for you will depend on your skin tone as well as the clothes you choose to wear. Here is a guide to help you out.
- Glitter nail polish is ideal if you are going to a party or a special night out.
- Matte finish is more toward the subtle side and can be worn by working ladies to the office. Go for simple, light colors if you are attending a meeting or any formal events. Glitters and funky patterns can draw unnecessary attention.
- For light skin, medium nail polish colors and light nail colors are the best. For darker skin, dark colors are the ideal choice. The shade of the color you choose greatly depends on your skin tone.
- If you are in doubt, you can try the nail polish color in the store before making a purchase. Many stores will let you try them. Thus, you can take a paper napkin along with you and check the samples on it. Compare the tone with your finger and analyze if it is the right one for you. If you are still not sure, you can ask the salon employee for help. It is always good to experiment and try out new colors too.
- You can also base your selection on the season. For summer months, you can have light colors like lavender and even neon colors. You can go bold during the winters with darker, metallic and funky shades.
- Different brands of nail polish colors are priced differently based on the quality, the chemicals used and the bottle size. The expensive ones are usually safer and cheaper ones could contain very harsh chemicals. Hence, it is important to steer clear of the latter even if it means spending more on nail polish colors.
Top Nail Polish Colors
There are many colors but there are also the favorites and must haves. Here are the top nail polish colors that every girl must own.
- Classic Red: This will never go out of fashion. It can be worn for both formal and informal occasions and is truly a must have.
- Feminine Pink: Expose your feminine side with the pink shades this spring. They are subtle and cute.
- Shades of Purple: Purple is elegant and classy and can be worn on formal occasions too.
- Neutral colors: There is always one color that you will be comfortable with and which you can wear anytime you want. Neutral shades are elegant and soft.
- Dark colors: Maroon and dark brown are usually the dark colors worn. Wearing black is mostly worn by punks.
There are still numerous types of nail polish colors and variations such as mirror nail polish, metallic nail polish and gel nail polish colors. There are also various brands to explore from like OPI nail polish colors, Revlon, Orly and Shellac nail polish colors. Now that you know all about nail polish colors and how to wear them appropriately, it is time you grabbed your favorite color and paint your nails beautifully.